CWA/UT Contract TENTATIVE Agreement
June 6 2017
CWA/UT CONTRACT EXPLANATION of TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
- First year 2017: $500 at signing and $300 on the first pay period in October 2017.
- Second year 2018: 1-1-2018 1% increase to base.
- Third year 2019: 1-1-2019 2% increase to base.
- Saved spousal benefits.
- Full-time employees maintain 20% premiums on medical for life of contract. Current language
- Full time employees move to 20% premiums for Vision and Dental in 1-1-2019
- Part-time employees move to 40% premiums for Medical, Vision and Dental in 1-1-2019
- New language for Domestic Partners required by Fed. Law. ( Spousal Eligibility Article 47).
- Domestic Partners language has been removed from contract.
- Continuation of Dependent Child Care Coverage beyond Age 18 language updated to new state and Federal language.
- Saved complete removal of this benefit.
- No Domestic Partner language
- No graduate level benefits for spouses, domestic partners, or dependents. Grandfathering for those that are in graduate school now.
- Saved the 2% on wages for undergraduate degrees.
PARKING: No increase in cost. Intent of current language remains.
WINTER BREAK: New language. Bargaining team negotiated for all employees of the University. Saved members from un-paid furlough time now and in the future.